Frequently asked questions
1. : Can I purchase a film festival pass online?
Melbourne: Yes. Passes are available online here.
Everywhere else: Unfortunately not this year. Sydney, Perth and Canberra – 5 film passes are available at the box office of your selected cinema.
2. Can I buy more than one ticket on more than one pass at a time?
No. You can only buy one ticket for each session on a pass at a time.
3. Can I redeem multiple passes in one transaction?
Yes. Enter each festival pass number or barcode and process your booking or just tell your friendly box office staff what films you’d like to see.
4. Do I need to enter my pass number or barcode every time I book on a pass?
Yes. This ensures your booking is secure each time you make a transaction. The easiest thing to do is copy and paste your pass number each time.
5. Can I purchase a pass at the box office?
6. Can I redeem my pass at the box office?
7. Can I purchase tickets to multiple films in one transaction?
No. You will need to do a separate transaction for each film.
8. Do I have to redeem all my tickets on my pass at once?
No. You can redeem your tickets in stages.
9. Can I use my pass to purchase tickets to opening or closing nights?
Melbourne and Sydney: No. Passes are not valid for buying tickets to opening or closing nights
10. Are any films open for under 18s?
Yes. All films at JIFF, are open to people under 18 if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
11. I bought my tickets and want to review my booking, can I do that?
You can do it if you are in Melbourne just click here and follow the links.
12. Where can I get the program?
At the cinema venues or right here!
13. Can I get a refund or exchange my tickets?
Please check your booking carefully at the time of purchase as all tickets are non-refundable but can be exchanged for the equal dollar amount 48 hours prior to the session start time for a $2 fee at the box office only. Lost or stolen tickets cannot be replaced. We charge an exchange fee because it takes the cinema staff time to process the orders.